Can you have success with almost zero marketing? Some believe it’s possible. Up to a point, that is…
Fact is, many well-built companies in manufacturing, IT and other sectors have had decades of success and without a single marketer or agency on board.
Then, when they want to penetrate a new market… or a savvy, new competitor shows up, they realize: what got them here won’t get them to the next level in 2021.
That was the case with a client who recently called… Old German company manufacturing a successful product-line, and they want to penetrate Central-European markets. Their question was simple:
HOW DO WE DO THAT?
Here is a simple 5-step process for creating demand and getting the market ready to be harvested by a sales team.
- Define the market – create your ICP: ideal customer profile » what types of companies are easiest for you to do business with.
- Buyer persona – have a deep understanding of the purchasing process in your niche.
- Story – brandscript. Create the story of how you take your buyer persona from their “before” state to the happy ending, to the “after” state.
- Messaging – create no-nonsense, superclear messages.
- Content – create content that delivers the messaging, the brand narrative, how to educate and engage them. Set up a system to engage
+1: Content execution. It doesn’t matter how good your strategy is, you need to execute it well and consistently well.
This ain’t a short sprint, it’s a marathon. Sorry to disappoint 🙂
The good news: it’s *predictable and proven to work*.