Webinars have been the thing for quite a few years. In Episode 1 of our podcast (that is yet to be named) we dive semi-deep into how to use webinars in account-based marketing and give you some tips on how to go about it.
How should marketing be different this year?
Last year: less sales-y, more empathetic, more human, more conversational.
This year: trends continue but transaction-orientation expected to come back.
- Still digital-focused conversations – travel and personal meetings will not resume to pre pandemic levels.
Perfect time for – buyer persona research to verify the above. how have your buyers’ plans changed? Gather new intelligence.
Interactive webinars, workshops in the form of Mini-events.
“‘21 Kickoff webinars” on new trends, new changes in the industry.
- Roadmap webinar – how your product is expected to develop this year and what that means for your buyers
- No big fuss, just air it on any platform – zoom
Setup – have a host do a presentation – 20 minutes and do guided QnA OR make it workshop-like: evaluation/testing and have people go through a worksheet.
This webinar-recording can be repurposed on social media.
Hot ABM-tip: have webby transcribed and edited into a whitepaper and MAIL it to your TAs.
Some helpful tips to seed for the webinar and get people to show up.
- Get clear on buyer personas. Challenger customers, C-suite. No sales, but have clear messaging in place
- Have a goal in mind you want to achieve
- Get TAs on a call
- Get feedback.
- Sign up for a trial
- Attend a larger digi event
- Webinar date should be 5-7 days from invitation. Sometimes a few days will suffice
- Have an email/messaging sequence in place before the webinar.
- Do personal outreach. Call important people from top TAs. You don’t have to do it yourself, get someone like Infinityn.